Friday 28 February 2014

Teacher Feedback

I asked my teacher for guidance and feedback on my opening. She suggested making the screen titles more consistent in colour and realistic in number and order. She also recommended the music being too generic: this is contradictory to what my audience said. The music is featured on popular thriller/horror film '28 days later.' Although a less well known music would be more original, it is hard to find music that progresses at the same place my film did like the 28 days later theme.

I came to the conclusion that as the music was deemed good from people of the target audience, their opinions are prioritised and I should value them. If the feedback I get from a wider range of people and ages feel that the music should be changed, I will take it into consideration and see what possibilities I can use.

I made my screen titles more consistent as suggested and added in fake credits so that there was even distribution of names- so although the team consisted of me and Rhiannon, it looks a lot more advanced : we take full credit for lighting, sound, editing and all the other jobs we can't quite invest professionals in!

Using Final Cut Fro I edited the film to be more consistant in background colours and the differences between lighting ins scenes. This was quite easy to accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment