Tuesday 15 April 2014

Evaluation quesiton 7 video

Looking back on my preliminary continuity task now, I just want to edit it all to a much better quality due to the more advanced skills I have gained through developing my film opening since then.

My first time editing skills could have definitely done with a brush up: The continuity is noticeably better in my film opening than the preliminary task. I found that when editing my preliminary continuity task, I had to take several shots in order to achieve a realistic continuity: I kept this in mind when shooting for the film opening and planned ahead to keep in schedule re-runs of scenes and allowed plenty of time for filming after editing in case I found errors in my work. Trial and error was the main way I could identify errors and see if I could make my footage work: if it just wasn't feesable, I knew I had more work to do.

The shots I used in my film opening had a much wider range, and were more thought-out and clever than the ordinary, convenient ones used in my continuity task. After researching other film openings with a relative genre to mine, I recognised patterns in filming shots, such as ground shots showing feet when leading up to a climactic point of action which influenced some of my shots as I felt they were appropriate, engaging and professional. After a more in depth research education on film shot varieties, I planned out which shots would be effective and why. Although some ideas were a 'lightning bulb moment' when filming, we justified each shot with how and why we used it.

In my preliminary task, I did not take into account lighting, sound, or much thought into camera shots. In my final construction cut, I used techniques to ensure it was  as consistent in light and sound throughout as we could make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment