Wednesday 22 January 2014

Title



I have been keeping an open mind for inspiration on our film title. The title is important because it can be the difference between "that sounds good, I'll go and check it out," and "sounds like the kind of film I'll wait to watch on TV. When's that other film on?"  It also needs to sound appealing to the target audience. I can't have ten year olds lining up to see it only to be told they are not old enough with a film title like "the story of the cat burglar." It has to be punchy and snappy.
I thought about the synonyms of burglary and put together a word storm for inspiration.

I researched film titles and found many had puns or double meanings. They are a clever and enticing way of hinting what the film is about and how it might link to another meaning. I though about how when people get caught in the act, it is said they they are caught red handed. The 'red' also connotes blood or danger. This is relevant to the film as there is violence involved. This hints that my target audience will be an older age. I was thinking about other ways it could link to my film.

No comments:

Post a Comment